Areas that tend to have it snowing every time cannot live without a snowblower. Snowblowers are the machine that helps to clear or lift snow from pathways, driveways, pavements, or any other area to create a path or away. We all know snow can be irritating and also fun. However, on wood decks, snow is not of any benefit. They can damage your deck, which is why you need the best snow blower for wood deck in preparation for the winter season.
Manufacturers of snow blowers have come up with designs to meet the customers’ needs. However, every genuine brand out there is safe for use as long as you operate the machine the right way.
In this article, I have looked at some of the very best snow blowers in the market. They come with great features to help you get rid of snow over your deck with a lot of ease. Keep reading to find out more about these fantastic tools.
Best Snow Blower for Wood Deck Comparison Table
|Top||Briggs & Stratton 1222EE 22-Inch Single-Stage Snow Blower with SnowShredder Auger and Push Button Electric Start||Buy Now||Prime|
|Top||EGO Power+ SNT2100 21-Inch 56-Volt Cordless Snow Blower with Peak Power Battery and Charger Not Included & Power+ CH5500 56-Volt Lithium-ion Rapid Charger||Buy Now||Prime|
|Top||Toro Single Stage Snow Blower Power Clear 518 ZR 38472||Buy Now||Prime|
|Top||GreenWorks Pro 80V 20-Inch Cordless Snow Thrower, 2Ah Battery & Charger Included with extra 80V 2.0AH Lithium Ion Battery||Buy Now||Prime|
|Top||Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 48-Volt iON+ Cordless Snow Blower Kit | 18-Inch | W/ 2 x 4.0-Ah Batteries and Charger||Buy Now||Prime|
|Top||Snow Joe iON15SB-LT 40-Volt iONMAX Cordless Single Stage Snow Blower Kit | 15-Inch | W/ 2.5-Ah Battery and Charger||Buy Now||Prime|
|Top||Greenworks PRO 80V 12-Inch Cordless Snow Shovel, 2.0 AH Battery Included, 2600602||Buy Now||Prime|
|Top||Briggs & Stratton 1022 22-Inch Single-Stage Snow Blower with Quick Adjust Chute Deflector||Buy Now||Prime|
|Top||PowerSmart Snow Blower, 21-inch Cordless Snow Blower, 80V 6.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery Powered Snow Blower, Electric Snow Thrower 180°Chute Rotation up to 40-Feet, Folding Upper Handle, DB2801||Buy Now||Prime|
Best Snow Blower for Wood Deck Buyer’s Guide
It is imperative to identify the presence of the instructions manual before putting the pieces together. Once you read the manual, you can be confident to start and operate the machine with ease and no stress or skipped steps.
However, the manual provides valuable information but no instructions on what to look out for when buying one. Getting the best snow blower for wood deck in the market is not a ride in the park as many would think. According to the manufacturer’s designs, many different brands come in both shapes and sizes.
All these are functional in their way and are essential as customers get them according to their own needs, tastes, and preferences. However, the guide is meant to enable you to have crucial information that will guide you in getting a snowblower for that winter season. So let us walk through the critical steps to watch out for.
Why Do You Need the Best Snow Blower for Wood Deck
You may use any other tool to remove snow, but it will most definitely leave scratch marks on your wood. Once the surface is damaged and the snowing season is over, it will leave a hideous area unpleasant to the feet or even the eyes.
Areas that regularly experience snow in winter cannot go without having this machine in store.
Removing snow around the house is a challenging job, and there need snow blowers that make work easier. Nobody wants to have sad, most depressing winter ever because you could not get a virtual machine.
We all do not have the same pockets, but you can purchase the best snow blower for wood deck with good planning. Get rid of storms dumping huge fluffy stuff by using powerful machines designed to enjoy a carefree, joyful winter season.
- When the machine is in operation, it is essential to look out for hidden stuff like toys, newspapers as they can cause damage to the motor and spoil the whole machine.
- If the snowblower is corded, be sure to know where the cord lies and avoid tripping over it as you clear the driveway and sidewalk.
- Driveways and sidewalks lead to the road with traffic; therefore, it is crucial to watch out for speeding cars, the people that are walking, and unnecessary objects.
- When operating the snowblower, always remain behind it where you are supposed to be. If you have to check on the chute or even the auger, please switch it off first before you do.
- Do not use the snowblower in the dark as you require to see where you are going and avoid hitting objects.
- Shoes that are not slippery and safety goggles are vital to protect your legs from slipping and falling and your eyes from foreign objects.
- For the hands, when they are too cold, you may lose control of the snowblower. Always wear warm gloves that have got a grip for the hands to remain warm.
- Avoid any clothing that hangs loose like a scarf, and always wear fitting pants and jackets to avoid getting tangled.
- Ensure that you are familiar with all the snow blowers controls and operations.
- Do not let children get to operate the machine, as it is essential always to follow the user guide’s instructions. Follow the advice to the letter for your own sake and your loved ones.
- Please make sure that you get to disengage all control levers before starting the snowblower.
- Use the suitable discharge method to avoid accidents and injury when thrown objects hit people, head towards your house or the road.
- After switching the machine on, allow the engine to adjust to the cold environment to be effective.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Snow Blower for Wood Deck
As you walk in a woodworker’s shop or a mall window shopping, the first thing you may want to be sure about is the ability to store the machine. As a homeowner, that may not be the first or last tool you will ever buy but will be part of the collection you intend to make life easier.
Making room and space for a machine is essential to avoid getting hit on it while passing and causing injuries. Ensure that the snowblower you will buy can be curved or folded in some sections to allow a comfortable design for safekeeping.
Wheels or tracks
Snowblowers move across the ground with the help of tracks or wheels. The snow blowers driven by tracks are helpful and usually help remove dense snow in most rugged terrains.
As tracks are the best for heavy-duty projects, snow blowers with wheels are faster, easier to control, and much more affordable. Depending on the type that you will prefer, it will serve the purpose.
People tend to overlook safety, but it is crucial when handling snow blowers to clear snow. The topic comes in many ways, and to start us off, we have the operator’s safety. As the machine arrives in your home, it comes equipped with a guide on operating it.
You must study and know the mechanical bit of the equipment and how it works before you can power it up for use. Getting to know how everything works offers a platform for handling the controls, what to do, and what not to.
The safety of the people surrounding you is also vital. As you operate the machine, it is essential to avoid running into children, people, or even passing cars. Such accidents could be fatal, therefore adhering to the operation of the rules is vital.
Efficient snow blowers are required to have the potential of moving in any direction. For large snow blowers, it is usually tricky to move them around when working in small areas. However, the machines are driven with a lot of care and skill when operated to deliver quality work.
The aspect of moving it around comes with the advantage of reliability as you clear snow. A snowblower that is too heavy to drive is not worth its cause since that means the user uses extra energy, and at the end of the day, they can hardly stand straight.
Best Snow Blower for Wood Deck Products Review
In this section, I’m going to discuss individual snow blowers and their features in detail. Some of the aspects that I’ll prioritize include the summary of top features of these products, their advantages as well as the disadvantages that you will likely come across in the course of your operations. Read on…
1. Briggs & Stratton 1222EE 22-Inch Single-Stage Snow Blower
The machine by Briggs and Stratton is has existed for over 108 years with a lot of reliability. It is a piece of durable power equipment with the performance you can trust to clear your wood deck.
Briggs and Stratton 1222EE singles stage snow thrower has been engineered with a snow Shredder serrated Auger technology. Besides providing advanced ice chopping and snow clearing power, auger helps propel the snowthrower forward and clear snow down to the pavement.
Even for the most challenging compacted end of the driveway, snow left behind by the snowplow is not exempted. It has been powered by the most powerful engine in the single-stage class since it is an innovation.
You get to easily change the chute direction from left to right with an electric chute rotation button conveniently situated near the top of the handlebar. A piece of great equipment comes with an easy way of starting it.
There is a convenient electric start push button that makes for easy starting. The power engine is designed to deliver optimum power in the extreme season of winter.
- A Briggs and Stratton 1150 series engine, 250cc
- Designed with a snow shredder serrated auger technology
- An easy electric starting down to -20°F
- Electric chute rotation that is effortless
- It has a three-year limited warranty
- It is simple to control
- Ergonomic handlebar for enhanced comfort
- Has headlights for better visibility
- Complaints about it not coming with the charging cord for the push button.
2. EGO Power+ SNT2100 Cordless Snow Blower
With the Ego power plus snowblower, you will experience power beyond belief because the equipment is engineered with care. It features peak power technology that combines any two ARC lithium batteries to clear wet and heavy snow.
It is not just the beauty of getting rid of the snow, but it can throw it to a distance of up to 35 feet and a 21-inch clearing width which is more than what you need to clean your wood deck. In addition, the number one rated battery-powered platform can clear a ten-car driveway without taking a break or halting.
Built with a high-efficiency brushless motor, it will handle what the city snow machine leaves out. It is important to note that the Ego Power is the only cordless snow blower that’s as powerful as a gas. The difference is that it comes without the fumes, noise, and fuss, which is a significant improvement.
You can quickly adjust the variable speed of the auger and control how far the snow gets thrown.
Also, note that there is no battery or charger included; therefore, you will have to purchase it separately. The robust steel construction of the body makes it weather resistant and an easy to access push-button start.
- It has an efficient brushless motor
- Equipped with LED lights
- Constructed with a robust steel
- Has a variable speed auger
- Throws snow up to 35 inches
- Designed with quick fold handles for compact storage
- You have to purchase expensive chargers and batteries separately.
3. Toro 38381 Power Curve Snow Blower
The Toro snowblower is the number one brand of electric snow blowers in the united states. With corded electric power, the machine is lightweight that comes in only 24 pounds. It makes it easy to handle or move around while working.
With a patented power curve technology and a 15-amp electric motor, the blower cleans decks, pavements and moves more snow in less time. As it cleans decks and driveways, it also helps to eliminate clogging.
It features a zip deflector that provides a choice between low, in-between, and high snow throwing, while its 160-degree chute enables you to direct the snow discharge in many directions.
The Toro power curve can clear a path 18 inches wide and 12 inches deep while throwing the snow up to 30 feet in a singles pass. The blower’s ergonomic handle provides leverage and maximum comfort. In addition, it offers great convenience when it folds for compact storage.
You can easily transport it from one job site to the next without worrying about experiencing interrupted power. In addition, the power curve snow blower comes with a two-year warranty assuring you replacement or repair purchase upon purchase.
- It has a zip deflector that changes the direction and locks in angle to throw snow to the desired direction.
- The quick chute lever adjusts the chute
- A power curve technology to prevent clogging
- Has larger 6-inch wheels
- Ergonomic handles for comfort
- It is lightweight
- Customers complained of the warranty information not being clear.
4. Greenworks Cordless Snow Thrower, SN40B410
Green works power is battery powered with an item weight of 17.52 pounds which is averagely lightweight. Furthermore, the digitally controlled brushless motor offers more torque and a quiet operation.
The engine’s combined power and effort further provide longer life and quickly clear sidewalks, driveways, and patios. While in process, it clears snow on paths up to 16 inches with 8 inches clearing depth and a 20 inches throwing distance. For convenience, it is compatible with green works 40V Li-ion system for higher efficiency and longer run time.
The assortment of tools to complete your compound work also doubles up as an advantage for creating space fast. A 180-degree rotating chute offers ultimate control over snow displacement. Nobody likes a tool that is difficult to store after use for green works; it comes with an easy fold system for storage or compact transportation.
Not only is it easy to store, but it is easy to assemble and use. The kit includes a one 40V 5 Ah USB battery and charger. Complete USB port in battery charges all portable electronic devices, including tablets and phones.
The USB battery mobile power station is also included in the package. All these accessories assist in running the machine.
- It has a 180-degree rotating chute
- It comes with an easy fold system for storage
- Digitally controlled brushless motor
- Has a quiet operation
- Easy to assemble
- It comes with a three-year tool and battery warranty
- Some customers complained of a missing battery.
5. Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 Cordless Snow Blower Kit
The latest revolution in cordless snow clearing technology is equipped with a four-blade rubber-tipped steel auger. The feature clears a path that is 18 inches wide and 10 inches deep in a single pass.
The brand has specialized in developing innovative outdoor tools that keep your home looking beautiful throughout—powered by snow Joes Exclusive Ion+ 24-Volt lithium-ion battery system and two 4.0 Ah batteries, which provide 40 minutes of rechargeable runtime.
The system also ensures zero carbon emissions for cleaner air. Its designed 1200W brushless motor plows through up to 14 tons of snow per charge. The integrated scraper bar at the unit’s base clears right to the ground without damaging your pavement, driveway, or deck. Not forgetting a designed 2W LED headlight lights the way for a safe clearing at night.
You conveniently boost your battery power with more ion+ options when there is more work to be done. Likewise, you can also get equipped with an S set of Ion+ batteries so that when it keeps snowing, you can keep throwing the snow away.
The snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 cordless blower kit comes complete with all the accessories needed to operate.
- There are 2W headlights for safer nighttime clearing
- It has a four-blade rubber-tipped steel auger
- It consists of a 1200 W brushless motor that clears up to 14 tons of snow per charge.
- Ion+ 24-volt battery system
- It has an adjustable chute
- Composed with a safety switch to avoid accidental starting
- Offers cordless power with the use of powerful batteries
- Customers complained that some of the batteries do not hold power for very long.
6. Hatton Snow Thrower QI-JY-1600
The Hatton snow blower is an 18-inch corded electric snow blower that is 43 inches in length, 33 inches high, and 19 inches in width. Hatton engines perform beyond expectations by using the most power to clear the widest snow width.
This tool’s powerful and impressive 13 Amp motor moves up to 500 pounds of snow every minute. A blade cold and abrasion-resistant auger cut 16 inches wide by 7 inches deep with each pass. The Amp unit is ideal for clearing and cleaning large wood decks, driveways and walkways without the hassle of extension cords, oil, and gas.
The machine is efficient and starts instantly and reliably with the push of a single button. Equipped with a heavy-duty steel auger with blades, it comes with a safety switch. The discrete safety switch prevents any possible accidents from occurring.
Adjustable directional chute gives one the option to throw that snow wherever you will like as long as it doesn’t interfere with normal operations. The 180 degrees’ angle enables you to throw the snow up to 13 feet.
A full bail ergonomic handle gives you a comfortable feel and allows you to clear pavements and sidewalks quickly without taking breaks.
- Designed with an 18-inch clearing path and a 7-inch clearing depth
- It has a 1600 Watt motor that delivers powerful results for a gas alternative
- Adjustable 180 degrees directional chute makes snow throwing manageable
- Full bail ergonomic handle results in a comfortable feel
- Works best for small driveways, decks, patios, and other residential
- The bottom scraper is weak and breaks
7. Snow Joe iON15SB-LT
The snow joe is the easy, convenient and cordless solution to get snow out of your way on your snow day. This piece of equipment is ideal for clearing snow from decks, driveways, and sidewalks.
Powered by Ionmax technology, snow joes patent-pending rechargeable 40-volt lithium-ion battery system is incredible. The ion on its own delivers up to 30 minutes of whisper-quiet run time with zero carbon emissions for cleaner air.
As a way of making things work, the ion starts instantly with a simple push of a button, and its adjustability maximizes user comfort during use. What’s more, the brand will equip you with a temperature-resistant plastic auger and two rubber blades.
The ion moves up to 440 pounds of snow per minute with a clearing path of 8 inches deep and 15 inches wide with each pass. Additionally, snow Joe has a universal protective cover for a 21-inch electric snow blower, single stage compatible.
The machine aims to simplify your yard routine to make it quick and easy to get your chores done. You will not be stepping on snow anymore with this ideal machine since it does all the work for you in every possible way.
- The Eco intelligent technology offers exclusive and no-fade power and maximum performance.
- Equipped with a temp-resistant durable plastic auger
- Powered by EcoSharp technology, snow joes rechargeable 40 Volt lithium-ion battery system
- An instant push start button and its adjustable handle maximizes user comfort
- It consists of a dual-port charger
- It has a 500 W brushless motor
- You may experience trouble putting the chute on
8. Greenworks Cordless Snow Shovel, 2600602
Greenworks Snow shovel is an item with 15 pounds with dimensions of 63.4 lengths, 14.2 widths, and a 10.2 height. It has the power to throw snow out of your way with a 12-inch shoveling width.
With its nature of being cordless friendly, the unit can be used with ease without the hassle of pulling cords and in any desired direction. Thanks to the advanced technology, we can comfortably work miles away from plugs.
The manufacturer advises that to receive peak performance, one should use a battery stored at room temperature. It’s because the snow thrower may not correctly start if the battery’s weather is too cold.
With the season that the machine is to be used being winter, it means that the environment will be complex and freezing. Therefore, if you plan to use the Greenworks cordless snow shovel, it will be essential to store the battery in a conducive environment that eliminates disappointments.
When the unit does not start, you remove the battery from the thrower machine and let it get warm indoors for 10 minutes or even longer. Then, when you are ready, and you reinstall the battery, the engine will start.
- It has a 12-inch shoveling width and power
- Snow depth capability of up to 6 inches
- The battery runs powerful and entirely for 45 minutes
- Conveniently gets to charge for 30 minutes only
- It is easy to start
- Designed with comfortable ergonomic handles
- Easy to assemble
- The unit is a little heavy
9. Briggs & Stratton Single-Stage Snow Blower, 1696737
Another great model from Briggs and Stratton is a snow series engine designed to deliver optimum power in extreme winter conditions. It is designed with oversized controls that provide mitten-friendly operation anytime.
With this magnificent piece, all you need to do is get out there and get the work done. Do not let any snow get in your way when you can power through the cold effortlessly and quickly. The snow thrower features a powerful engine and very easy-to-use controls.
What more could you ask for than a machine that gets the job by a press of a button. The single-stage will tackle any winter season with ease year in year out. Its well-built compact size makes it easy to maneuver with sturdy construction that overcomes repairs with little maintenance—no more stress on how or where to keep the snowblower since it saves on storage space.
The Briggs and Stratton single-stage snowblower is complete with an Auger assist drive system. A wear-resistant rubber-edged auger clears the snow down to the pavement and helps to propel the machine forward.
- Designed with an auger assisted drive system
- Performs with a Briggs and Stratton OHV engine
- Hs a manual chute rotation and quick deflector
- The 950 snow series engine comes with 9.50 foot-pounds of torque
- The machine is straightforward to assemble
- It is also effortless to operate and use
- It comes with a three-year limited warranty
- The product is currently out of stock
10. PowerSmart Snow Blower, DB2801-A
The PowerSmart snow blower comes with an upgraded lithium power system. A production company that has dedicated itself to producing a series of snow blowers suitable for various scenes.
Impressive 21-inch clearing width and 12.5-inch intake height clearing range make the snowblower effective to break up moderate-heavy snow. Its versatile function clears huge and bulky snow on the wood deck, composite deck, driveways, and sidewalks.
When pathways and driveways are clear, it is easier for cars to start and leave the garage with ease together with someone who wishes to take a walk. An aid to the machine is a designed LED light that supports ultra-snow removal by illuminating the way when it is dark.
The cord-free and gas-free electric snow blower carry 80V 6.0Ah Lithium-ion upgraded battery pack for ultra-performance and muscular endurance. A cordless snow thrower comes with 180 degrees rotating chute in the control panel to control your choice’s angle and direction.
In the battery storage, a cover protects it with a safety switch that is easy to handle. The brushless motor technology makes it effortless to start and maintain. A blower with a safety design prevents accidental start-up and quickly stops the spinning auger and impeller when you release the handlebar grips.
- It comes with a brushless motor technology
- It has a 180-degree rotating chute
- Cord-free and gas-free electric snowblower
- LED light that illuminates
- Has professional after-sales team that helps customers
- Maximum distance of propelling at 40 feet.
- It has a 2-year warranty.
- Customers complained
People who live in places where it regularly snow have finally found the solutions to their problems. Snow is quite fun, but it has its disadvantages, significantly when it blocks the way for even your vehicle to pass.
The article has provided you with the knowledge you need to buy a snowblower if you haven’t yet. However, if you have purchased one, then you may need to upgrade it to the best snow blower in the markets today.
As much as you require a vacuum in your house is the same way you need a snow blower for clearing your driveway and the path walk. So you will not be disappointed for having this machine in your workshop.