Bench routers tables are essential components of a woodworking workshop. They are units that serve multiple woodworking tasks, if you are a woodworker like a carpenter or a craftsperson, you get so much versatility with this tool, and you can use it on several projects. The best benchtop router table has many functions such as edge trimming, cutting grooves, slots, and a lot more. Most of these benchtop routers do not come cheap but having one will be crucial for your woodworking tasks.
Buying the best benchtop router table might not be the simplest thing to do. You cannot just walk to the store and grab one that is why we encourage that you get some background information about products before buying.
Thanks to my experience in the woodworking industry, I have reviewed some of the very best benchtop router tables that you can find on the market today. And the first product on our list is:
Table of Contents
1. KREG Precision Router Table System, Kreg# PRS1045
The Kreg PRS1045 is the overall best benchtop router table from my experience using different routers tables. If you need a benchtop router table with a tabletop yet sleek, then this is the product for you. It is perfect the perfect choice if you worry about space.
When you buy this tool, you get a large 24″ by 32″ router tabletop; this space is enough for virtually any woodworking project that might interest you. Besides, it has a micro-adjust fence which gives it a nice touch and ensures absolute precision when you are making your cuts.
Additionally, this tool comes with a stand that you can adjust to between 31″ and 39″ in height. This flexibility in high make it easy for you do set the table to a height that you are comfortable to work with; also, it is easy to assemble this router table, unlike other models you will find on the market.
The Summary of Top Features
- It comes with a 24″ x 32″ router tabletop that includes a router insert plate consisting of three molded level-loc reducing rings.
- When you buy this tool, you get a 36″ T-square style router table fence with a micro-adjust wheel for precise setups.
- The outfeed anchor of this model is redesigned for more usable table space.
- You can adjust it to heights of 31″ to 39″.
- It has a large tabletop
- Micro-adjust fence
- The tool has an adjustable, sturdy stand
- You can quickly assemble this tool
- It comes with some insert flaws.
2. Bosch Benchtop Router Table RA1181
If you appreciate the versatility that comes with a router table, then the Bosch Benchtop Router Table RA1181 is everything that you need.
This woodworking tool has a high level of compatibility with more workbenches than you may know. It has plastic components that give room for greater adaptability. You can easily manipulate its table to fit several different types of routers. Another aspect of this tool is its small size; the size allows it to perfectly work for those with slightly small spaces on their woodworking workshops.
Additionally, when you buy this tool, you don’t have to worry about operating it thanks to the availability of a detailed instruction manual that gives you a clear guide to how you can assemble your tool with so much ease and within a short time. What’s even more about the guide is that the manual is that it comes with extra guides to some Do It Yourself tasks which makes it a perfect companion for beginners who are just getting started on woodworking projects.
The Summary of Top Features
- This benchtop router table can attach to virtually any workbench.
- It has 2 adjustable feather boards
- The tool comes with a dust collection chamber, dual-outlet switch as well as a 6 feet power cord
- This device has an aluminum fence with MDF faceplates
- It has an aluminum router mounting plate
- When you buy this tool, you get the following: a router table, three mounting plates insert rings, two feather boards, mounting hardware for most Bosch routers, starter pin, adjustable clear guard, and guard.
- It has a maximum throat opening of 3 5/8 inches.
- It comes with many safety features
- The device comes with a well functioning dust extraction feature
- It is perfect for small shop woodworking
- The tool is durable thanks to construction using heavy-duty materials.
- Its leveling screws get loose with ease.
3. JESSEM Mast-R-Lift Excel II Included Complete Router Table System
This router table is pricey, even so, it is one of the best benchtop router tables that you are going to find out there. Amazingly, it includes the Mast-R-Lift Excel II, a feature that allows many cylindrical routers to mount onto the table effortlessly. Most importantly, it comes with a remote power switch as well as a digital readout of the measurements.
This router table system comes with a steel stand that provides it with stability when using other routers. Its solid metal dials allow you to adjust it with so much ease while maintaining high levels of accuracy. The presence of an extruded aluminum fence gives a perfect surface for the adjustable faces.
The Summary of Top Features
- The table comes with JessEm Mast-R-Lift Excel II for most cylinder router motors.
- It has a 32″ x 24″ phenolic table with aluminum extruded miter track & T-track
- When you buy this tool, you get an extruded aluminum router table fence with totally adjustable fence faces.
- It’s constructed using a rigid, heavy-duty steel stand bearing upper and lower stretchers.
- It has a larger table area that measures 24 x 36 inches with both miter and T-track.
- The fence faces of this tool is fully adjustable for any piece of work.
- It has upper and lower stretchers that increases the stability of this router table.
- Users complained of poor customer services for this table
- It’s expensive
4. Skil RAS900 Router Table
The Skil RAS900 Router Table is arguably the best benchtop router table out there especially if you are interested in an easily foldable table. The ease in which you can fold and store this tool separates it from the rest of other similar products.
Just like it is easy to fold, most users also find this benchtop router table easy to reassemble any time that they would love to make use of it. It takes a few simple steps to get it up, running, and ready for your woodworking tasks.
One notable thing about this router is that you won’t find it very sturdy. This trait is attributed to the fact that you can with easy disassemble it, I’d say that it is not perfect for constant and regular use. Besides, you do not want to leave this router standing most of the time. It would be great if you can do additional bolting to the surface of the work table as a precautionary measure.
Overall, this benchtop router table is perfect for individuals who have occasional use for woodworking projects.
The Summary of Top Features
- The tool comes with an accessory storage containers that offer protection and store accessories alongside the router table.
- The RAS900 comes with 2 containers as well as a quick clamp system.
- Its two feather-boards helps in guiding the work-piece for accurate routing.
- The device comes with a bit height gauge that helps simplify set-up as well as improving the accuracy of cuts.
- It has starter pin and guards that help support work-piece whenever you are routing curved edges.
- It does not require leveling.
- The tool is sturdy
- It has an attractive aesthetic
- The legs of this table have a storage compartment for extra tool storage
- When you buy this tool, you get a wide range of accessories such as push stick, fence and depth gauge
- It comes with two outlets; you can use one with a vacuum cleaner to remove dust
- It’s not great for constant woodworking tasks.
5. Kreg PRS2100 Bench Top Router Table
What makes this benchtop router table by the Kreg among the best is its portability, appropriate construction, and has so much convenience. Other than its portability, another thing that intrigued me about this tool is its size as well as the solid design.
It has an MDF tabletop size of 16 x 24 inches; a 9-1/4″ x 11-3/4″ x 3/8″ router insert place bearing three level-lock rings as well as levelers. Additionally, it comes with an extruded aluminum fence that has adjustable faces as well as cam clamps, dust chamber, and a slot of the miter gauge.
Another thing about this benchtop router is its heavy-duty steel stand plus thick rubber feet that absorb possible vibration.
Other great things about this amazing tool are how easy it is to assemble, sturdiness, and its ability to level flat. If you need stability in a benchtop router table, then you need this beast.
The Summary of Top Features
- It comes with an industrial-quality fence that contains adjustable faces, dust collection chamber, a vertical jointing as well as a new cam clamps.
- The tool has a full-size router insert plate bearing a precision plate levelers as well as a new Level-Loc reducing ring.
- When you buy this device, you get an extra-large 16″ x 24″ MDF tabletop.
- It has a wide stance heavy-duty steel stand that increases its stability.
- It’s an excellent tool for amateur woodworkers.
- The tool has a vacuum system to remove wood dust.
- It has strong and sturdy legs.
- When you buy it, you find set up bars, feather boards, and insert discs tagged along.
- You can move it about
- The fence can move under pressures.
6. Bosch Cabinet Style Router Table RA1171
The Bosch Cabinet Style Router Table RA1171 is another quality benchtop router table that would perform amazingly for your woodworking tasks. It will make a perfect addition to your workshop thanks to its excellent features like the dual outlet switch, the amazing support material and above all, a cabinet-style functionality.
With this table, you get a good work surface for your routing and woodworking projects. This tool comes with reduced levels of noise; it also comes with a dust collection chamber which helps keep your working surface clean. What’s great about this tool is the design that allows it to fit in virtually any workbench. The fact that this tool has a multipurpose functionality makes it perfect for your workshop.
We consider this table the best benchtop router table mainly because of its high levels of precision which is facilitated by features such as a rigid aluminum mounting plate. This plate gives so much accuracy as it stays flat. This table is pre-drilled to fit well with a large number of different routers which gives added adaptability.
Besides, this router table comes with two featherboards that are easy. The fence gives the table so much protection against kickbacks and additional guidance.
The Summary of Top Features
- This table has a tall aluminum fence that measures 4 7/8 inch x 25 1/8 inch and can handle tall stock comfortably.
- The fence of this router table comes complete with adjustable MDF face plates that enhance smoother operation.
- The Bosch RA1171 comes with a rigid aluminum router mounting plate; this mounting plate is flat and precise, which is excellent for the accuracy of the tool.
- It is predrilled to fit a variety of routers which makes it versatile.
- The table comes with two easy to use feather boards that are attached to the fence and router table, which gives extra guidance and offer protection against kickback.
- It comes with a dual outlet switch that has a 6 foot Power cord.
- It is versatile and can work with many routers
- Has a dust collection chamber for keeping your working area clean
- It comes with so much precision
- Its long legs make it a bit less stable.
7. Goplus Electric Aluminum Router Table WoodWorking Craftsman Tool Benchtop
Goplus gives us another compact and lightweight router table suitable for light and medium woodworking projects. This table is short, which allows for direct mounting to workbenches that have low heights.
The table of this router is small and enables the users to make cuts with most router bits. However, it requires an extension on each side to provide adequate support. The fence of this tool is small but provides enough surface for smaller projects; it is not great for more significant tasks.
I do not recommend this router to anyone that is looking to upgrade in the woodworking industry. However, it is great for beginners who are getting to understand one or two things on woodworking.
The Summary of Top Features
- It has a transparent guard inserted into this router comes with extension tables at both ends other than the main table with each extension table coming with an extra-large size of 8″ × 18″ plus an easy-slide surface.
- It comes with an aluminum alloy that increases it’s stability as well as durability majorly because of the wide stance heavy-duty steel in the structure of this router.
- You get a detailed instruction manual which makes the assembly of this router table an easy one.
- It comes with extension tables on both sides
- The tool is affordable and gives so many great features.
- It is not suitable for more significant tasks
8. SawStop RT-BT Assembly: Benchtop Router Table
It is a product of Sawstop which alone makes it a reliable woodworking benchtop router table that you can find on the market today. As you’d expect from the manufacturers, this router table comes with a detailed metallic design that gives it so much stability as well as durability.
This router table is attached using several large screws that give it so much support while in operation.
Additionally, this tool comes with a vacuum pipe that is responsible for the removal of excess dust during your woodworking tasks hence making your working area clean.
When you buy this tool, you will have included in the box, a cast iron table as well as a large fence.
The Summary of Top Features
- The assembly of this router includes rt-c27 27″ cast iron table, rt-f27 27″ fence, and rt-STB benchtop stand.
- It comes with stand dimensions: (without table): 23″ (front) x 15 1/2″ (side) x 14 1/2″ (height)
- The router plate opening of this tool: 11 3/4″ x 9 1/4″
- It comes with a 27″ fence assembly dimensions of 30 3/4 “L x 3 1/2 “H x 4” W.
- This tool gives you maximum fence travel of 5 1/2“
- Has dust removal chamber to keep your working area clean
- It is stable, which makes your work easy.
- Fitted with several;l screws for extra support
- It might be expensive for beginners in woodworking.
Best Benchtop Router Table Buyer’s Guide
What is a Router Table?
A router is a hand or power tool used to rout an area on materials such as wood, and even plastics. There are different routers; some are fastened with their cutting edge in the router table, others, are held on the hand.
Different Types of Router Tables
If you are into woodworking, you will likely interact with different types and categories of router tables. There are three main types of router tables that you will probably to come across, and you must know all the three, they are:
usually, they are the standard stationary router tables.
These types of routers are the common types and above all, easy to when it comes to their operations. They are movable from one point to next thanks to their small sizes. You can go as far as folding some of these routers.
The Full Router Table Systems
Professional woodworks and even woodworking companies majorly use them. Their functionalities are advanced, and usually, a beginner or even people with considerable experience in woodworking find it hard to operate them. They are for professionals or people who understand every functionality that come with these particular tools.
The video below gives you some insights on how to use a router table:
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Router Table
Here are some of the things that you need to understand so that you get it right with your router table.
The Surface of the Router Table
Since you will be working primarily on the surface of wood, it is the first part that you should consider. When shopping for a router table, ensure that you settle for one that provides a smooth surface to prevent possible scratches along the surface of the wood. With the smooth surface, you have the flexibility of pushing the wood along the fence with no snagging.
The Base of the Table
There are designs of the table that are fixed onto a workbench, if you go for a product, ensure that it includes a base that the table will sit upon. The material used to make the base needs to be strong handle the weight of the table. It should also support the router, as well as that of the projects that you intend to handle.
The fence of your router table should be in a position to offer support to your project in a straight line once you have secured the locks. The fence must have a large enough hole that can accommodate the bit plus room for wood debris to move.
Getting a benchtop router table with a dust collection chamber is excellent for your woodworking tasks. If you can attach it to a vacuum cleaner, it would even be great. Dust ports give a passage for the saw dust and other wood chips to move thereby leaving your working area clean.
The Miter Gauge
If you are going to shop for a router table, ensure that the miter is functioning properly to help get your cuts done with high levels of accuracy.
The Compatibility of the Router
If you are going to shop for a table for a router that is already in your possession, you should see to it that the router can mount to the table comfortably. Today, you will find that most of these tables come with multiple plates that concur with the standard routers that you will find on the market.
Safety Precaution when using a Router Table
There are safety tips that you need to observe to ensure that do your work correctly maintaining your safety as well as that of the tool. As much as router tables are generally safe to use, there are some precautions that you need to undertake in the process. They are:
- Set up the fence of the routing table well before you start using it.
- Check to ensure that you have fit the bit correctly to prevent it from coming off during the operation.
- Feed the wood from the right moving to the left if you are routing.
- Switch off the device before you change the bits
- Have nose mask on when you are routing
There are so many routers for woodworking such as the CNC Router and a lot more. Router tables, for example, are great for your different woodworking projects, they do not come cheap, and that is why you must get the very best product out there so that you get the best possible value for your money.
The overall best benchtop router table from my list is the KREG Precision Router Table System, Kreg# PRS1045; this product comes at affordable prices with some great features that would serve all your woodworking needs. We have reviewed the very best products that you can get from the market and any that you choose will serve your needs well.
I have also included a buyer’s guide with essential factors that you need to consider before settling for the best benchtop router table.
I believe that you have found the information in this article helpful for your quest. Share with me what you think in the comment section below. Also, let me know your experience using any of the wood routers I’ve reviewed above or any other that you feel deserves a place on my list.